Sunday, April 15, 2012

Firestone Racing (not so) White tires & Freewheelin' it!

I spent the day trying to match the patina of the original white rubber starter pedals on the Indian. In doing lots of research over the years, I have discovered, not only are the original tires white, but so are a lot of the Torrington pedal rubbers. This shows up in factory & original pictures. I scored a pair of original white Torrington pedals for this bike, and they are nice.. so I had to match the brandy new white Coker repro tires. I think it came out ok.. Now to do the second one.
 Here are the pedals with the clutch setup. They are sweet!

I also had some time to reassemble the rear Freewheel clutch and brake for the '15 single racer, and put it back in its original skin.
 The real deal!
 Brake side!

No comments:

Post a Comment